Entertainment by Houston DJ
Brides usually get confronted with issues just before her wedding takes place just as she finds it hard to select the best Houston DJ. She would find it hard to chose who goes on the list of the bridal party as well and have a hard time selecting a wedding dress. A Bride would spend a lot of time thinking which items she would want to bring to her honeymoon. Aside from all these, she would be thinking of what more she can provide to make the guests enjoy the moment.
To make sure that your reception will be a memorable one on your wedding day, maybe, you would want to call in a professional Houston DJ to lessen the burden you are carrying. At first, the thought of finding an appropriate wedding DJ in Houston can be daunting but here are helpful tips that can help you search for that person:
- Browse on the Internet and look for disc jockeys located in the area whose specialty dwells on weddings.
- Ask your photographer, caterer and manager of the reception venue for suggestions; these people are familiar with disc jockeys due to their correlated services. Out of the suggestions, you would already have a shortlist. Start calling them one by one.
- Check if your preferred music is on his playlist. Consider the wide range of ages that would grace the occasion. The best professional Houston DJ should own a diverse mix that could send everyone to the dance floor.
- Be sure he knows how to set the rhythm in accordance with your program tempo. An excellent Houston DJ knows that kicking off the action means starting it slow to set the mood of everyone in attendance.
- He should know that there is a particular music to go with the first dance of the newlywed couple, cutting of the cake; bouquet tossing, up to the departure of the bride and groom.
Other responsibilities of a disc jockey
You have to be aware that a wedding disc jockey provides more than what he originally does; he must also play emcee for the entire program. Therefore, there has to be a little checking to do on his background most especially his personality, attitude towards work and ability to entertain guests. Promptness must not be taken for granted as well.
The best way to gauge him is to drop by at one of his performances and watch him as he does his act. You will know if he is a perfect fit in the way he handles his audience and how he elicits reaction from guests.
Before hiring a Disc Jockey
Before signing him up, be sure that he is capable of accepting requests from the guests; the audience always has this anticipation of dancing to their favorite tunes. You may have to ask about the kind of equipment he uses for his act. Better make sure that he uses the best equipment and high-end lighting which could undoubtedly create a more enjoyable affair.
You can inquire regarding the attire he would be wearing during the reception. If you prefer to see a tuxedo worn by him, then, impose a rule. This takes away any possible embarrassments on your wedding day. Being meticulous in choosing a wedding DJ you will not only see a well-organized event but a lifelong remembrance of your big day.