Texas is a state with a rich history and culture, and its summer festivals are a great way to experience both. From music festivals to food festivals to art festivals, there’s something for everyone in Texas during the summer months.
Here are a few of the best Texas summer festivals:
- Kerrville Folk Festival
The Kerrville Folk Festival is one of the oldest and most popular music festivals in the country. Held every year in May and June, the festival features a wide range of folk music performers, from up-and-coming artists to legends of the genre.
- Austin City Limits Music Festival
Austin City Limits is one of the biggest and most popular music festivals in the world. Held every year in October, the festival features a lineup of major music artists from all over the world.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is the largest rodeo in the world. Held every year in February, the festival features a variety of events, including rodeo competitions, concerts, and livestock shows.
- San Antonio Fiesta
San Antonio Fiesta is a 10-day festival that celebrates the city’s rich history and culture. Held every year in April, the festival features a variety of events, including parades, concerts, and food and drink tastings.
- Fredericksburg Wine Festival
The Fredericksburg Wine Festival is one of the largest wine festivals in the country. Held every year in September, the festival features a variety of wines from Texas wineries, as well as food and music.
These are just a few of the many great Texas summer festivals. With so many to choose from, you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you.
Here are some additional tips for planning your trip to a Texas summer festival:
- Book your tickets and accommodations early, especially for the more popular festivals.
- Pack light, as you’ll likely be doing a lot of walking.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Bring sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Be prepared for the heat. It can get very hot in Texas during the summer, so make sure to drink plenty of fluids and stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Have fun! Texas summer festivals are a great way to experience the state’s unique culture and history.